Blackberries Ready to Pick Safe Under The Bird Netting
So, we picked a butter bowl of blackberries! It wasn't a lot, but enough for something. And as you can see we have many more that will be ready soon enough.
So, I decided to whip up a quick and easy blackberry cobbler this evening. If I'm cooking it, it must be quick and easy.
Quick and Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once oven temperature is reached melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar, milk, water, and all ingredients except butter and blackberries; batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour mixture on top of melted butter in baking pan. Do not mix butter and mixture together.
- Drop blackberries into batter; if less crust is desired add more blackberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Cobbler Batter with Blackberries
Note: If using self-rising flour do not add baking powder and salt.
Prep time: 10 mins
Bake time: 1 hour
I am very happy with the way it turned out and it was so good (especially warm). I think I may try adding some cinnamon next time. Yum.
If I can do it, trust me you can. Give it a try!
Shared at these link parties.